Welcome, weirdos to the BrittNic Creations’ Horror Roundup! At the end of each month, I’ll be bringing you some news and products from the horror realm. The topics could include new clips from an upcoming horror film*, gothic artwork, unique merchandise, and much more! There’s a mixture of horror goodies for everyone in the Horror Roundup. This will always be a random post. I’d like to think that life and horror aren’t any fun without some absurdity included in them. Now, let’s get to the fun part!
*Please refer to the link at the bottom for ways to support strikers (SAG-Aftra) during this time.*
4K Ultra HD, Blu-Ray, and Special Releases*
- THE MONSTER SQUAD (4KUHD) (4K UHD)*
- You know who to call when you have ghosts, but who do you call about monsters? The Monster Squad—a group of young kids devoted to protecting their suburban neighborhood from strange things that go bump in the night. They ain’t afraid of no ghouls! Count Dracula (Duncan Regehr) escapes Van Helsing (Jack Gwillim) and adjourns to modern-day Earth in search of an ancient amulet that will grant him final control over the delicate balance between good and evil in the world. To help him, the creepy Count calls on some old friends: the weird Wolfman (Carl Thibault), grotesque Gill-Man (Tom Woodruff Jr.), mildewed Mummy (Michael MacKay) and freaky Frankenstein (Tom Noonan).
- Talk To Me Big Collector’s Edition (+Hand +SteelBook +4K UHD +Blu-Ray +Rigid Case +Book +Artcards +Poster) (2023)
- When a group of friends discover how to conjure spirits using an embalmed hand, they become hooked on the new thrill, until one of them goes too far and opens the door to the spirit world, forcing them to choose who to trust: the dead or the living.
- The Ring Collection [4K UHD + Blu-ray]*
Indie Horror Film Releases
Click here for a list of indie horror releases for October 2023
Horror Roundup Small Business Picks of September ’23
Studio Egg Face – Mothman Backpacks
The Caid Co – Over the Garden Wall Earrings
Atomic Avocado Designs – Spooky Mid-Century Designs
Kitschblade – Retro Aesthetic Earrings
Spooky Cutes – Handcrafted Halloween Dolls
19 Crimes & Universal Monsters Limited Edition Halloween Wines
Rebellious wine brand, 19 Crimes is joining forces with Universal Monsters to unveil their spookiest pours yet of a delicious Red Blend and Cabernet Sauvignon featuring Dracula and Frankenstein. The limited-edition wines are launching just in time for Halloween and bring Universal Pictures’ classic monster characters to life with newly reimagined artwork, featuring glow-in-the-dark labels and a new boundary pushing AR experience.
“19 Crimes and Universal Monsters is the perfect collaboration for Halloween and an opportunity to introduce 19 Crimes to brand new enthusiasts,” explains Treasury Americas Chief Marketing Officer, Carl Evans. “You’ll be able to hear Dracula and Frankenstein come to life on the label through augmented reality, inviting people to experience wine in a rebellious but fun and engaging way, which is the heart of 19 Crimes.”
The collectable bottles are on shelves now until the end of October and are a must-have for any adult Halloween party. Consumers can awaken the ancient Dracula and Frankenstein characters to hear their spooky stories through their 19 Crimes’ unique AR bottle label experiences. Simply scan the QR code on the back of the bottle, and the iconic characters will come to life and share their tales.
The collectible 19 Crimes Halloween bottles are NOW AVAILABLE for a limited time only on 19crimes.com and select retailers nationwide.
Spirit Halloween & Kung Fu Tea Team Up
Spirit Halloween and Kung Fu Tea are joining forces to serve up new treats for fans – no tricks about it. The collaboration includes five exclusive costumes and a new, limited-time-only beverage inspired by all things Spirit, so fans can fuel up and go code orange all October with a killer beverage that isn’t just pumpkin spice.
Spirit Halloween and Kung Fu Tea jumped into their mad science-inspired lab to concoct the limited-edition Spirit Spooky Slush for this Halloween season, which hits all Kung Fu Tea locations nationwide on October 1. The exclusive slush combines the brand’s signature matcha slush with a brand-new Taro Milk Cap and is topped with Oreo® pieces for a drink that slays cravings.
Each Spirit Spooky Slush is served in a specialty collector’s Spirit Halloween-themed cup, complete with a limited-edition straw cap and lid featuring Spirit Halloween’s iconic Jack the Reaper. The first 100 customers who try the Spirit Spooky Slush at each location will receive the limited-edition Jack the Reaper straw cap and the first 300 customers will receive a limited-edition sticker, so eager fans should act quickly, before they disappear.
Spooky & Seasonal Coloring Books
- The Creepy Cute Goth Coloring Book: 30 Pretty Scary Coloring Pages for Year-Round Fun!
- by Gaynor Carradice (Illustrator)
- This is such a fantastic coloring book for almost every age. Each page has the perfect design or vibe for the season you wish to celebrate with a gothic twist. I’ve had a blast in the autumn & leaf-filled pages with my colored pencils. Plus, the characters and even skeletons are adorable!
- The Unofficial Horror Movie Coloring Book: From The Exorcist and Halloween to Get Out and Child’s Play, 30 Screams and Scenes to Slay with Color
- by Vernieda Vergara (Author), Andy Price (Illustrator)
- The designs on each page of this coloring book are a testament to the love of horror films and the art within each one. Seeing both classics and newer films in the coloring book gives me so much joy. The subtle nods and details make each page a fantastic art-fueled journey. This may not be for the little ones, but almost everyone (especially horror fans) will love this book.
- The Green Witch’s Coloring Book: From Enchanting Forest Scenes to Intricate Herb Gardens, Conjure the Colorful World of Natural Magic (Green Witch Witchcraft Series)
- by Arin Murphy-Hiscock (Author), Sara Richard (Illustrator)
- As I journey into the kitchen to put on a simmer pot, light some candles, and embrace a warm cup of coffee I may also find myself opening this coloring book. Those in love with nature, embracing their inner witch, or who simply love a nice detail-filled coloring book will love this. Each page has you embrace being intentional with your time and in the end it becomes a peaceful way for the mind get some rest.
Xpluswear Halloween Costumes for Plus Size Women
Xpluswear truly understands the excitement and joy that Halloween brings to people of all ages. With their carefully curated Halloween collection, they strive to create an unforgettable and immersive experience for their customers during this festive season. Their Halloween collection boasts a wide array of costumes, catering to a diverse range of preferences and interests. Whether customers are avid fans of popular movies or TV shows, admirers of iconic characters from fairy tales, or simply appreciate creatively designed costumes, Xpluswear has something to delight every taste.
Xpluswear has an amazing Halloween offer for all costume lovers. From September 28th to October 7th, Xpluswear is having a fantastic sale where customers can enjoy up to 80% off. To take advantage of the discount, just enter the coupon code “HL25” during the purchase. Additionally, for orders valued over $79, customers will have the delightful opportunity to receive free gifts.
*Links are affiliate related and commission is earned from purchase through the links*