It’s finally August and Halloween, pumpkin spice, decorations, and everything else great about the season have slowly arrived! I’ve always loved this time of year and it never gets old for me. I’ve decided to share a list of some unique brands, exciting collection debuts, and more that excite me for the Halloween season. I’m beyond ready to decorate and hopefully I’ll be doing so with an iced pumpkin spice latte to keep my energy up for the haunts ahead.
CLASSIC HORROR ORACLE (by Ricardo Diseño)
It may be August, but Halloween is a lifestyle. To bring about the spooky energy of the season, make sure to tuck this into your cart: CLASSIC HORROR ORACLE (Sept. 12, $19.95) is a handsome deck of 50 cards taking inspiration from 50 classic horror films. Use it for divination, inspiration, or a fun distraction. Each film is paired with themes such as Experience, Dreams, Genius, and Hunger, illuminated with characters, icons, and concepts from horror films.
This uniquely entertaining and beautifully creepy oracle deck harnesses the energies and dark truths revealed in iconic classic horror movies to find guidance, discover inner resources, and cultivate inspiration. Each of the 50 carefully selected films is represented by an evocative mini-movie-poster-style illustration from celebrated artist Ricardo Diseño, with an oracular theme for divination called out.
Whether it’s Nightmare on Elm Street (dreams), Carrie (celebration), Night of the Living Dead (hunger), Dracula (children of the night), Hereditary (family), or any of the other frightful films depicted, each card pulled by the seeker is given context and meaning in imaginative, fun, and revealing text readings featured in the fully illustrated 120-page accompanying booklet.
Films include Haxan, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Get Out, The Thing, Re-Animator, Nosferatu, Alien, Eyes without a Face, Psycho, Ringu, The Babadook, An American Werewolf in London, The Blair Witch Project, Night of the Living Dead, Hellraiser, Poltergeist, The Wicker Man, and dozens more, each with their oracular guidance to offer.
Full Moon Features Tiny Terrors Blind-Box Collection
Prepare to embark on a spine-chilling journey into the world of horror with these terrifying, yet, adorable figures, each packaged in a collectible “Blind Box.” Inside each “Blind Box” lies a heart-pounding surprise – a fan-favorite, collectible character from the iconic Full Moon Features franchise! Will you unwrap The Gingerdead Man, Blade, Baby Oopsie, Six-Shooter, Killjoy, Radu, Evil Bong, Torch,Tunneler, Ebee the Evil Bong, or Jack Attack? The anticipation, the excitement, and the thrill await you!
With incredible attention to detail, each Tiny Terror mini-figure is the perfect addition to your toy collection and this year’s Halloween must-have merch. Priced at just $14.95, these treasures are worth every spooky penny.
The Tiny Terrors “Blind Box” figures will be available to order for retail through Diamond Comics or individually through www.FullMoonHorror.com and Amazon, with in-store and exclusive retail availability to be announced at a later date.
A little while ago while looking for a gift for my partner, I had come across Horrornaments on TikTok and knew immediately this was the shop that would have the perfect gift for them. Once I saw the plague doctor ornament, I was overjoyed.
After seeing it lately near our shelves of books and all-things-nerdy, I thought about something I’ve wished to put together. I’ve been wanting to put up a spooky tree in honor of the season and decorate it accordingly. To be honest, I’ll probably do the same when I put up a tree in December. From horror icons to cryptids, Halloween can be decorated and celebrated all the way with Horrornaments!
Ghost Face Collection from Glamlite Cosmetics
Arriving this fall, the Ghost Face x Glamlite Cosmetics collection is bound to make every makeup and horror fan SCREAM with delight! I’m always a fan of a uniquely-themed makeup collection or collaboration.
I’ve loved the Scream films and Wes Craven has been a favorite director of mine, the horror industry will continue to miss him. In 1996’s Scream, a year after Sidney’s mom is murdered, more murders start to occur. She begins to suspect if these murders are related and tries to find the killer as everyone seems to be a suspect. The iconic horror film, written by Kevin Williamson and directed by Craven, has its masked killer on the face of this upcoming collection.
Glamlite Cosmetics announced the collection at the beginning of July 2023. Slowly but surely the sneak peeks have been guiding fans towards the fall in anticipation of the collection’s drop. In the meantime, more horror is headed to Glamlite as they’ve restocked the collector’s bundle for their Chucky collection. The wonderful and terrifyingly gorgeous world of horror doesn’t end as Halloween approaches, it grows stronger and more pigmented. I hope to report more on the collection in the near future, so stay tuned!
Just a Couple of Books to Help Embrace the Halloween Season!
- The Kitchen Witch
- Every house witch knows: the kitchen is an essential part of your magical practice. From preparing food to enjoying a meal, it’s important to honor the process of making a dish, to appreciate each individual ingredient, and to make magic from the recipes you already know and love. First, dive into the world of kitchen magic and spellwork; then go back to the basics to learn the magical properties, qualities, and symbolism of 100 essential everyday ingredients so that you can learn to add a little magic to every meal.
- Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
- Mrs. Maxim de Winter recalls the chilling events that transpired as she began her new life as the young bride of a husband she barely knew. For in every corner of every room were phantoms of a time dead but not forgotten—a past devotedly preserved by the sinister housekeeper, Mrs. Danvers: a suite immaculate and untouched, clothing laid out and ready to be worn, but not by any of the great house’s current occupants. With an eerie presentiment of evil tightening her heart, the second Mrs. de Winter walked in the shadow of her mysterious predecessor, determined to uncover the darkest secrets and shattering truths about Maxim’s first wife—the late and hauntingly beautiful Rebecca.
- It’s Pumpkin Day, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff
- Mouse is excited for fall because that means it is time to decorate pumpkins! But one is missing. Where could it have gone?
- I know this is a children’s book, but who says you can’t enjoy a book about a mouse in your 30s?
- House of Psychotic Women by Kier-La Janisse
- An autobiographical exploration of female neurosis in horror and exploitation films that examines hundreds of films through a daringly personal lens. In this pioneering work, anecdotes and memories interweave with film history, criticism, trivia, and confrontational imagery to create a reflective personal history and a consideration of female madness, both onscreen and off.
- Trick or Treat: A History of Halloween by Lisa Morton
- Trick or Treat is the first book both to examine the origins and history of Halloween and to explore in depth its current global popularity. Festivals like the Celtic Samhain and Catholic All Souls’ Day have blended to produce the modern Halloween, which has been reborn with new customs in America—but there are also related but independent holidays, especially Mexico’s Day of the Dead. Lisa Morton lifts the cobwebs off everything from the explosion in popularity of haunted attractions to the impact of events like the global economic recession, as well as the effect Halloween has had on popular culture through literary works, films, and television series.